Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves using email to send advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness.
Email marketing is popular with companies for several reasons:
- 1. An exact return on investment can be tracked and has proven to be high when done properly.
- 2. Email marketing is significantly cheaper and faster than traditional mail.
- 3. If compared to standard email, direct email marketing produces higher response rate
- 4. Advertisers can reach substantial numbers of email subscribers
- 5. Businesses and organizations who send a high volume of emails can use an ESP (email service provider) to gather information about the behavior of the recipients.
- 6. Email provides a cost-effective method to different marketing content, including visual, creative, marketing copy, and multimedia assets.